Key to Starting Your Own Clothing Company



start your own private label clothing company is not as difficult as you think in May I assure you that the founding members of Volcom, Paul Frank, Hurley and Von Dutch, not mad genius mode. You can duplicate their rise to brand stardom provided that you have the following:

1.Pristojan logo

2 Creative concepts and graphics - Design Talent

3.Jedinstven, blank apparel supplier

4.Pristojan screen printer

5.Linija list to show prospective buyers

6 Sales and promotional talent.

that you think is important? Its obviously design talent you say? Are you Joking? You must be kidding. Are you out of the house lately? Have you seen the Von Dutch clothing? Crayon weilding Chimpanzes produce better designs. Furthermore, suppose monkeys are sanitary, but I digress.

# 6 is clearly the most important element. You can create a whole range of fashion forward, beautiful clothing, but if you can not pitch - nobody will ever see (except mum, of course). So if you want a closet full of your fantastic designs, ask yourself the following two questions:

Can I sell it?

In other words ...... can hit the pavement with my line sheet and walk into every boutique clothing store can be found? Then I will harass the hell out of retail clothing store buyers, so I'll try to squeeze 5 minutes of time for me at Magic 06 '(Clothing Convention)?

Will I be able to make professional presentations Nordstroms buyer?

Can I promote?

I have and creative viral or gureilla marketing ideas to get this label kickstarted?

If the answer to both questions is no - better get some help. Namely, find someone passionate for fashion who also happens to be ridiculously outgoing, great on the phone and aggressive as hell. Finally, (and superficially) it would help if your sales rep is hot.

I know, how horrible ..... so sorry, buy I did not say anything about what equal opportunity blog :)

That being said, let me welcome you the shallow end of the pool ..... ie, the fashion world.

Good luck with your label!